Definition of Procedure Text There are three definition about procedure text : (1)Texts that explain how something works or how to use i...
Definition of Procedure Text
There are three definition about procedure text : (1)Texts that explain how something works or how to use instruction / operation manuals e.g. how to use the video, the computer, the tape recorder, the photocopier, the fax. (2) Texts that instruct how to do a particular activity e.g. recipes, rules for games, science experiments, road safety rules. (3) Texts that deal with human behavior, e.g how to live happily, how to succeed
Generic Structure of Procedure Text
# Goal : (e.g : How to make spaghetti)
# Material or Ingredient : (e.g : the material to cook omelette are egg, onion, vegetable oil, etc. )
# Step : (e.g : first, wash the tomatoes, onion, …., second cut the onions becomes slice. . . )
Purpose of Procedure Text
– To explain/tell (the reader) how to make/operate/do something through a sequence of actions or steps.
– To explain steps/instruction to make/operate/do something
Language Feature of Procedure Text:
– Use adverbial of sequence / Using temporal conjunction (e.g: first, second, third, the last)
– Use command / imperative sentence (e.g : put the noodles on the . . ., cut the onion. . ., wash the tomatoes. . . )
– Using adverbials (Adverbs) to express detail the time, place, manner accurate, for example, for five minutes, 2 hours, etc.
– Using action verbs, e.g : make, take, boil, cook
– Using Simple Present Tense
Examples of Procedure Text
Procedure Text+Jawaban How to Make Ice Tea
If you want to make ice tea, first prepare a half glass of tea, one or two spoonful sugar and ice. Next step is put the sugar into the glass of tea, stir it well. After that, add some pieces of ice into the glass and stir it again and the ice is ready to serve.
1. If we want to make ice tea we need to prepare…..
a. ice, sugar, coffee, glass
b. ice, tea, chocolate, water
c. tea, water, sugar, ice
d. ice, salt, sugar, tea
e. sugar, tea, coffee
2. After putting the sugar into the glass, ….. it for about two minutes.
3. ….. the ice into the glass and shake it well!