INTRODUCTION Before we discuss about the topic it's better if we watch this video first. check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5...
Before we discuss about the topic it's better if we watch this video first. check it out!
There are many different ways to introduce yourself and other people in English.
HOW TO INTRODUCE OTHERS (informal situation)
Here are some expressions to introduce others:
- Nabila, please meet Tania.
- Roni, this is Atilla, the one I told you about.
- Marry, have you met Jackson?
- Here, I'd like you to meet Roy.
- Nina, this is Bowo. Bowo, this is Nina.
The following are some useful responses you can say when you are being introduced:
Nice to meet you.
I’m pleased to meet you.
It’s a pleasure to meet you.
Glad to meet you.
How do you do?
HOW TO INTRODUCE OTHERS (formal situation)
Read the instructions carefully and carry out the role play
You are acting as the chairman of an English workshop in your school. What you have to do is:
- Greet the audience, and
- Introduce the speaker to the audience (including the persen's professional title if he/she has one)
Example Introducing Others.Reni : That’s Didit. Do you know him? (Itu Didit. Apakah kamu mengenalnya?)
Follow the instructions correctly.
1. Write down a simple introduction text about yourself. Use your own identity and family. (Read this article)
2. Introduce your new friend to your sister and brother. (see above: using the informal situation)
3. You are introducing your boss to the participants of the seminar. What would you say? (see above: using the formal situation)