Expressions of giving suggestions Expresi dibawah ini sering digunakan untuk membuat saran Let's ……… Why don't we ……… We co...
Expressions of giving suggestions
Expresi dibawah ini sering digunakan untuk membuat
Why don't we ………
We could ………
What about ………
How about ………
I suggest that ………
You might want to change ………
I think ………
I don't think ………
Example of using Suggestions in sentences
- Let's go to the library.
- Let's go to movies.
- Why don't you do your homework before going out?
- We could eat at home today.
- What about eating at the new place?
- How about going to Sam's place first?
- I suggest that we call it a day.
- You need to change your sleeping habits.
- I think you should go and meet her.
- I think we should do it this way.
Would you like to … ?
Would you mind going to the city centre ?
What do you think about going to the swimming pool ?
Let’s go to the swimming pool!
Yes, it’s a great idea.
It sounds great.
Yes, let’s do that/it.
Super! OK! All right!
Responding and declining suggestions examples
1. Let’s watch football at the stadium
Accepting : yes, Let’s go
Declining : No, thank you I have other schedule, I must clean the house now
2. Why you don’t have breakfast before go to school ?
Accepting : that is a good idea
Declining : I think I will be late, so I will have a breakfast at school
3. How about go to the movie ?
Accepting : O. K it is sound great
Declining : No, I do not have money to buy the ticket
4. I think you should do your homework now
Accepting : yes, you are right
Declining; take it easy my friend, I still have so much time
Contoh Dialogue giving suggestions
Fina : Morning Ayu, My best friend, you look bad today, what happened to you?
AYu : oh, it is only a little problems.
FIna : please, tell me, maybe I can give the solutions
AYu : Ok. I feel sad because I do not have money to pay for the college tuitions, I have used my money to buy a new motorcycle’
FIna : Oh. You Should tell your parents if you have no money. I think
they will help you.
Ayu : I do not think so, it only will make something worse.
Fina : You can lend money from someone.
Ayu : That’s good idea.